of Giovanni Russo
- Professor of Numerical Analysis, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Catania, Italy
- Cordinator of the PhD program in Pure and Applied Mathematics, University of Catania
2000-present Full Professor of Numerical Anaysis, University of Catania, Italy;
2001-2006 Associate Editor SIAM J. Numer. Anal.
1992-2000 Associate Professor of Numerical Analysis, University of L'Aquila,
1990-1992 Research position at the University of L'Aquila, Italy.
1988-1990 Post doctoral position at the Courant Institute of Mathematical
1987 CNR-NATO Fellowship for research abroad
1982-1983 Research experience for one year on solid state physics (laser
irradiation of semiconductors) at the Physics Institute of the University
1984-1986 Ph.D. in Physics, University of Catania, Italy.
Title of the Thesis: "Propagation and Stability of Shock Waves in Classical
and Relativistic Gas Dynamics"
Advisor: Prof. A.M. Anile
1976-1982 Laurea degree in Nuclear Engineering, Magna cum Laude, Poiltecnico
di Milano, Italy
G.Russo has more than one hundred scientific publications in international journals on various
topics in applied and computational mathematics.
A detailed Curriculum Vitae s available here (pdf, in English)
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Numerical methods for conservation laws
- Numerical methods for kinetic equations
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of crystal growth