CURRICULUM VITAE ET STUDIORUM
Born in Enna (Italy), on June 22, 1954.
- 1977: Degree awarded cum laude in Mathematics from the University of Catania
- 1981: Research position at the University of Catania
- 1988: Associate Professor of Mathematical Physics at the University of Catania
- 2001: Full Professor of Mathematical Physics at the University of Catania
Fields of interest.
- Celestial Mechanics
- Non-linear waves in fluid-dynamics
- Shock waves
- Relativistic kinetic theory
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics
- Boltzmann equation for charge transport in semiconductors
- Computational schemes for solving the Poisson-Boltzmann system for electron gas in semiconductors
- Boltzmann equation for charge transport in graphene
Visits for one month and more.
- Visiting Scientist, University of Oxford (UK), one month (1981)
- Visiting Scientist, University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK), five months (1984)
- Invited Professor, University of Texas at Austin (USA), one month (2010)
- Invited Professor, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge (UK), two months (2010)
Local coordinator of italian projects.
- Mathematical problems of kinetic theory (PRIN 2004) and (PRIN 2006) -
scientific coordinator: Prof. Carlo Cercignani
- Kinetic and macroscopic models for particle transport in semiconductors: modeling, analytical and computational aspects (PRIN 2009) -
scientific coordinator: Prof. Mario Pulvirenti
Google Scholar id