Prof.Simone Faro Ph.D.
Associate Professor at
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science,
University of Catania.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Catania, October 2004.
M.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Catania, September 2001.
Text and strings processing algorithms, simulation of nondeterministic finite automata, exact and approximate pattern matching, data compression and pattern matching on compressed texts and combinatorial algorithms on graphs
- List of selected publications
- List of publications at DBLP
- Home page at Google Scholar
- Page at Scopus
- Papers at Prague Stringology Conference
Latest Journal PapersEngineering Order-Preserving Pattern Matching with SIMD Parallelism, in Software: Practice and Experience, to appear, by Chhabra Tamanna, Simone Faro and Oguzhan Kulekci (2016)
Text Searching Allowing for Inversions and Translocations of Factors, in Discrete Applied Mathematics, Vol.163: pp.247-257, by Domenico Cantone, Simone Faro and Emanuele Giaquinta (2014)
Latest Conference PapersA Very Fast String Matching Algorithm Based on Condensed Alphabets, in Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects of Information and Management, AAIM 2016, to appear, by Simone Faro (2016)
Efficient Algorithms for the Order Preserving Pattern Matching Problem, in Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects of Information and Management, AAIM 2016, to appear, by Simone Faro and Oguzhan Kulekci (2016)
The SMART research tool
Thierry Lecroq and I present Smart,
a tool which provides a standard framework for researchers in string matching.
It helps users to test, design, evaluate and understand existing solutions for the exact string matching problem.
Moreover it provides the implementation of (almost) all string matching algorithms and a wide corpus of text buffers.
Go to the web site...
- I'm member of the Program Committee of the 23rd International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval (SPIRE 2016), which will take place in Beppu, Japan, October 18-20, 2016.
- I'm member of the Program Committee of the 20th Prague Stringology Conference (PSC 2016), which will take place in Prague, Czeck Republic, August 29-31, 2016.
- I'm member of the Organizing Committee of the 7th International Symposium on Games, Automata, Logics, and Formal Verification (GandALF 2016), which will take place in Catania, Italy, September 14-16, 2016.