International School on Functional Genomics
International Summer School of Functional Genomics
5-19 July 2008, Baia Samuele Conference Centre - Scicli, Sicily, Italy
School Directors and Organizing Committee
Sebastiano Cavallaro, CNR, Italy
Giuseppe Nicosia, University of Catania, Italy
Pietro Lio', University of Cambridge, UK
- July 5, 2008, 16.00 - 17.00: Lectio Magistralis Rita Levi-Montalcini, Nobel Laureate, European Brain Research Institute - EBRI, Italy
- First week, July 6-12, 2008: "Cutting Edge Genomic Technologies".
- Second week, July 12-19, 2008: "Application of Genomic Technologies to the Biomedical Field".
Speakers and topics
- Enrico Alessi, STMicroelectronics - Italy,
"In-CheckTM platform: a highly integrated solution for rapid and accurate nucleic acid testing"
- Giorgio Ascoli, Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, George Mason University - USA,
"Introduction to neuroinformatics and computational neuroanatomy"
- Salvatore Baglio, University of Catania - Italy,
"Magnetic strategies for biosensors"
- Sebastiano Battiato and Giovanni M. Farinella, University of Catania - Italy,
"Microarray image analysis"
- Lucia Bianchi, Lawyer - Italy,
- Pietro Calissano, European Brain Research Institute, Italy,
"System neurobiology: from a reductionistic to an olistic approach"
- Marco Cappelletti, Applied Biosystems - Italy,
"Innovations in small RNA analysis"
- Maria Rosaria Capua, Qiagen S.p.A. - Italy,
"QIAxcel: how to analyze DNA and RNA in few minutes"
- Sebastiano Cavallaro, Institute of Neurological Sciences, CNR - Italy,
"Genomics: at the intersection of neuronal life and death"
- Salvo Coffa, STMicroelectronics - Italy,
"New technologies and products for healthcare"
- Alessandra Costanzo, Roche Diagnostics - Italy,
"New solutions for functional genomics"
- Femke de Snoo, Agendia - The Netherlands,
"Applying genomic profiling to enable personalized medicine"
- Pierpaolo Degano, University of Pisa - Italy,
"Executable models for synaptic plasticity and VICE: a virtual cell"
- C. Forbes Jr. Dewey, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - USA,
"A web-based architecture for parallel computation of molecular pathway models"
- Filippo Drago, University of Catania - Italy,
"Pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics and individualized therapies"
- Mark Hughes, MetaCore - UK,
"Practical course on pathway analysis and gene expression"
- Michele Iacono, Roche Diagnostics - Italy,
"New technologies Roche Applied Science"
- Andrew Koo, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - USA,
"Practical course on biological pathways analysis simulation"
- Vladimir Lazar, Institut Gustave Roussy,
"Overview of microarray platform and latest technology developments"
- Carsten Lederer, Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy - Italy,
"Practical Course on gene ontologies and pathway analysis"
- Pietro Lio', Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge - UK,
"Methods and models in computational genomics"
- Bud Mishra, New York University - USA,
- Ben Oostra, Erasmus University - The Netherlands,
"Linkage and association studies using markers and SNP arrays"
- Corrado Priami, Microsoft Research - University of Trento COSBI - Italy,
"Computational systems biology: a programming language approach"
- John Quackenbush, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University - USA,
"Microarray data analysis: Tumor classification by genomic analysis"
- Claudio Schneider, University of Udine - Italy,
"Gene expression profiling of advanced ovarian cancer"
- Magdalena Skipper, Nature Publishing Group - UK,
"Careers in science publishing"
- Giusy Stoico,TechnoGenetics - Italy,
"Diagnostics applications of CGH arrays"
- Elisabetta Tendi, Wyeth - Italy,
- Massimo Tifi, Abel - Italy,
"Practical course on DNA microarray analysis"
Copyright 2002-2011, Giuseppe Nicosia. Last modified: June 25th, 2011.
Optimization, Combinatorial Optimization, Numerical Optimization, Non Linear Optimization, Large Scale Optimization,
Evolutionary Algorithms, Genetic Algorithms, Immune Algorithms, Artificial Immune Systems,
Graph Coloring, String Folding, NP-complete problems,
Circuit Optimization, Circuit Design, Design For Yield, Device Optimization,
Bioinformatics, Structural Bioinformatics, Protein Folding, Protein Structure Prediction, HP model.