Artificial Immune Systems for Security and Privacy
One special session is planned for this workshop. For submitting a paper to the special session, you should follow the normal paper submission process. But in the "Main Research Topic", please choose the relevant special session title.
Special session papers are treated the same as conference papers. See http://www.dmi.unict.it/ais2015/calls for the "Types of Submission" and the relevant "Proceedings" information.
The Artificial Immune System (AIS), which is a relatively new branch of the Computational Intelligence, has been widely studied in the past decade. Inspired by the biological immune system, some artificial immune algorithms have been proposed, such as the negative selection algorithms, clonal selection algorithms, dendritic cell algorithms and immune networks algorithms.
Now the security of information systems and the privacy of sensitive data are widely concerned. Since the immune system protects an organism against diseases, artificial Immune Systems could be properly developed as a novel technique for security and privacy. Typically, the negative selection algorithms could be used for anomaly detection, and the negative representation of information could be used for privacy protection. However, there remains many open issues and opportunities in this field. This special session aims to bring together advancing models, techniques and practice of Artificial Immune Systems for security and privacy.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Models, techniques and practice of artificial immune systems for security and privacy
- Intrusion detection based on artificial immune systems
- Fraud detection based on artificial immune systems
- Authorization systems using models and techniques of artificial immune systems
- Models and techniques of secure cloud computing using artificial immune systems
- Privacy-preserving data mining based on the techniques of artificial immune systems
- Privacy-preserving data publishing based on the models of artificial immune systems
- Secure multi-party computation based on models of artificial immune systems
- Artificial immune systems for big data security
- Sensitive data collection using models and techniques of artificial immune systems
- Real-world applications of artificial immune systems for security and privacy